View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 AM   #3
dancle99

Model: 9800x
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rimmobile

Doug;

I posted this in the admin forum becuse I believe the admin community is where this kind of issue needs to be defined then elevated, the community approach to solving issues is helpful, but unless the vendor (this vendor or any other) provides clear direction, documentation and consistent feedback from tech support, what's a global company to do to address this kind of issue? The reason for the post was to ask administrators for feedback on other's experiences with RIM, so that we may understand what others are up against, and so RIM may see that others have issues with the support and documentation efforts, I was not seeking help with the DBmerge conundrum. If it is just us, so be it. I'd ask this be moved back to the other forum for that reason.

Purchasing and deploying any software solution for a global enterprise from a vendor with underdeveloped documentation and inconsistent support arrangements is a difficult undertaking, and any admin with experience may have seen this first hand.

What are your experiences with RIM support and documentation been like, presuming you are not a RIM employee, that is? Ever get conflicting stories, insufficient documentation or other things?

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote