Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #14
oakie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: CERS!
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
I agree with your assesment of the audio...as far as memory leak, I had very little when I was running .46 to the point it was virtually non-existant... I also have zero now as well...
with my config, i'm not seeing a memory leak. yeah, programs may take up memory here and there, but they seem to be releasing it in a timely manner.

unfortunately, i had to reset the device a couple of times for software updates/installs (docs to go, google maps) so i abandoned this little project. i'll probably restart the project once things slow down for me this afternoon.

but from what i can see, there is no (significant) memory leak with 4.5.0.46... but i'm sure some apps built for 4.2.2.xxx being used on 4.5OS may not be optimized and thus have its own memory leak. bu those that do seem to be improperly blaming the OS instead of properly troubleshooting the issue. (Viigo on 4.5, for example)

you just have to wait until the apps you use daily are optimized for the new OS... some just universally are, while most arent. just like any other operating system, some legacy devices/drivers/apps will not work properly on a new release.