View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #29
SkullydogXXX

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I would watch AT&T, I had a data plan with them, and they stuck me with overage charges, and other usage charges. You may not receive a bill at first, but if they discover your usage and they have a certain charge for it, they will. If they can trace your usage, and discover you used it without charge, they may backdate the bill. They did that to a friend of mine on similar thing, only it had to do with long distance charges calling like Canada or something. they didn't charge him extra at first, but discovered the oversight and back-charged him. I have tethered my phones on T-Mobile since I had a Motorola V330. I tethered my Razor, my W490, and now my BlackBerry Bold 9700. I have had problems keeping my 9700 connected. Sometimes it only partially disconnects and the connection icon says "Local access only." Other times, the screen on the phone goes white, it disconnects and I have to pull the battery and let the pone reboot to get it to work on any level. I have called T-Mobile multiple times, and since T-Mobile has all but washed their hands of tethering phones altogether, I get little in the way of solutions. I have talked to RIM support, and T-Mobile support both, and they have been no help. I guess I will just have to reconnect and reboot and live with it unless it crashes my phone altogether. It does frustrate the hell out of me though. Desktop Manager works for connecting, but I may have to bypass it like I had to Motorola's Mobile Phone Tools. All this just to keep from having to add a line and use T-Mobile's laptop data stick. = (
Offline   Reply With Quote