Carrier: at&t
Default want two spaces after each period before new sentence

Please Login to Remove!

ok, this will prove i'm a nut but...

why can't they be reasonable and let me do things MY, WAYYYYY

Frank Sinatra Live in London 1971 My Way - YouTube

here's back and forth with a much smarter (than me) friend

me:

i am old-fashioned and want a noticeable two spaces, not one space, after each period ending a sentence and before the next

i deliberately finish a sentence with alt/m for a period, and then i deliberately mash the space bar two times. it looks like i've created two spaces, but when i start typing the next sentence the space appears more like one. if instead i mash the space bar three times, the resulting space looks ok (ie, like two), but i don't want to have to do something unnatural and unfamiliar like that

i am pretty sure i neutered the auto-text so that some manipulation of the space bar no longer gives me a period.

any idea why i can't get the look of two spaces after perios ending a sentence without mashing the space bar three times? this is REALLY bugging me!!! thx

smarter friend:

It looks like BB10 auto corrects two spaces to one. I have not yet found a setting or word substitution trick to change that behavior. Only way I’ve discovered so far to defeat it is to type three spaces then backspace once. Fairly officious of the BlackBerry developers I would have to say.

Here’s a good argument against the two spaces, although I still don’t feel BB should be enforcing this.
Two spaces after a period: Why you should never, ever do it. - Slate Magazine
Offline   Reply With Quote