KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Thanks, Mark!

Is there a readme file for this anywhere (like what's new from v4.0)? I'll check back here periodically, for updates, too.

EDIT - Question 2 - Will this work on a 7250 from Verizon?

You have to get in the habit of reading all the thread rather than just the last entry, the second entry here (mine) says it will work on the Verizon 7250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
KonTiki Quote:
Originally Posted by markhutchison
Telstra has OS 4.1.0.268 code available for the 7250 handhelds!

https://www.blackberry.com/Software...lient=eiKaMQ2dL

Using the information from the various OS upgrade threads here I've successfully installed the 4.1 OS onto my Bell Mobility 7250. So far everything is working well ... first impressions are that the handheld is actually running a little quicker than with the 4.0 code. The browser loads and renders very nicely. I'll report more as I run more tests.

Just downloaded for my Verizon 7250. Installed it on my PC, removed the Vendor file, Loaded it and the process took roughly about 35 minutes. I have already loaded Themes to it and they are working fine. will report more, but my hat is off to you sir for finding it and posting it.

Here is a small sample of my 7250 with a theme I threw together.

I was able to assign individual ringtones to different people finally, works great for exceptions also. Will keep adding as I play more with it. Unfortunately since I have two 7250's I did not do it on my active one as of now just in case I ran into trouble. I will keep testing things and functionalities for a while, once I am convinced everything is right I will put it on the active one, and test more extensively. But so far everything is working great, I am happy to report.

Running OS 6.0.0.524