View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Priv not transferring contacts to BMW X3 2011

I checked with a couple of people using the PRIV and other BB's all work with their cars. I have three different BB's paired with my GM vehicle and all downloaded full list and when I turn on one it auto connects and is hands free. I also need to keep it out of the case so it does not prevent HF operation.
that's the good part now for the bad. A couple of users I talked to who own BMW's have had big problems with pairing. Not just BB's but all cell phones it seems. BMW does have a site for info but regardless of the county I select it was in the German language. I don't read that language so here is the link and maybe you can get some info. Very frustrating that BMW does not offer clearer info.

This ink will ask for the vehicle manufacturer and from there transfer you to the manufacturers site.
good luck

BlackBerry smartphone and vehicle Bluetooth compatibility and pairing

Edit;
I was able to access the BMW site and discovered they offer different capability's depending on the car model. It may be the cost of the hardware installed in the car. The high end cars do support the OS10 versions of the BB's. I was not able to get info in the 2011 X3 type. It may be they offer software upgrade for your car if it does not work.

Last edited by tsac; 02-14-2016 at 12:01 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote