View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
whatsanipad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: PB
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Re: Technologist Review of Playbook

I would be very interested in your views after spending the week with only the PB. I've been trying to emulate using "only" the PB while at home this week...it has been difficult, without my keyboard and mouse.

On the lesarmitage memory management question: As we initiate a program, it gets loaded into memory. If we terminate the program, then the memory consumption of that program should be freed up as well. If the program goes into a sleep state, some memory should be consumed, but only enough to restart the program, when awoken.
I find that bouncing in and out of programs, at some point, the tablet stops responding...memory has become crowded with leftover bits of programs still consuming memory. If I do a hard reboot, all is well....if I don't, the PB is stuck on one screen. I could be wrong, but I believe that to be the result of poor memory management (same thing happens on to me on both XP and Win 7 Pro, btw).
I've decided to keep the PB btw...I am supportive of QNX and would like to see it evolve as well.
Offline   Reply With Quote