Old 11-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
Master Thief-117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
RepliGo Reader is $30. There is a thread somewhere (maybe on another site) where it was speculated that the PDF to Go module of Docs to Go is a stripped down version of RepliGo Reader (based on the copyright notice contained in PDF to Go).

If you're just concerned with attachments, you can view PDF attachments without any additional software. PDF attachment support in OS 4.3 and earlier is pretty feeble (IMO), but in OS 4.5 (or higher) it is much improved. In both cases though, RIM's servers render a JPG image of the current page and send the image to your device for viewing.

If you need to view PDF files that are stored on your device (not received as an attachment), third party software is required.

I personally use RepliGo Reader, and got it for $20 during their introductory period using a coupon code which has since expired.

Also, the BeamReader beta is free, but I believe the betas expire and you'll be forced to pay for continued use once it is out of beta. But the free BeamReader beta may be a good interim solution while you weigh your options.
Interesting. I did not know that about the PDFtoGo was that.
Also, when I try to open PDF's from Messages, it gives me an error that "More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found."
It is REALLY bothering me.
Offline   Reply With Quote