View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
jmcarrillo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Unhappy Reload software 507 error. HELP!!!

Please Login to Remove!

A couple of days ago i was trying to upgrade the OS on my storm from OS4 to OS5. Since I don't have a data plan on my BB I couldn't do it the usual way through Desktop manager. Here's what I did and what happened:

I downloaded BBSAK 1.9 and OS5. Installed BBSAK and OS5. When I installed OS5, I was prompted for the PIN, since I didn't have it at the time I chose cancel. I ran BBSAK, chose "Backup Applications" then "connect" then "wipe device". As expected the Storm rebooted and came up with the "Reload Software 507" error.

I then selected "reconnect" in BBSAK, the prompt was "No device detected, push OK to continue".

I launched Desktop Manager, it said Disconnected. In DM the Installed Blackberry Device sotware is "v5.0.0.425 (Platform 4.2.0.179) for the Blackberry 9500 Smartphone".

I did a battery pull on the Storm, no change. Changed the USB port, no change.

I ran "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe", it found the PIN, I went through the wizard, the "Device Application Selection" came up with the following check boxes grayed out and checked "Blackberry 5.0 Core Applications", "Browser", "Email Aplication Setup" and "Phone". when I click on "Next" a prompt comes up that says "The Email Aplication Setup cannot be loaded because some require files are not available".

I couldn't get any further than that.

Please Help
Offline   Reply With Quote