View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
biggy238

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down Need serious HELP! Signal but no communication.

Please Login to Remove!

Last week my BB stopped working properly. It has signal -usually 90dB (3 bars) or so. It does not show edge network anymore. It won't connect a call and no SMS is getting through. It shows the transfer arrows randomly over the signal like it's doing something.

I've changed bodies to eliminate the antenna. I've upgraded and downgraded OS. Running .182 now.

Got a new sim card. Same deal. Tried 4 other cards also.

After battery pulls, the phone will show anything from 5 bars to SOS.
With no SIM in it shows TMob as the emergeny network, so thats two networks it has signal from.
I had another phone that was doing the same thing simultaneously but I killed the sim card holder on it. I'm on the third backup phone and the keyboard button contacts are corroded.. I hate this phone.

I need someone to go Above and beyond on this one. I've tried RIMs blackberry forums and crackberry with nothing but lots of views and no answers.

Please help.

Thanks Kyle

I've also run diag test and MEPD on SIM, MEPD says network active and netwrok Diag tests show the same as my working phone.

Last edited by biggy238; 12-20-2009 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: Saw that my sig says 8100. I'm working on my 8310's
Offline   Reply With Quote