Old 12-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #31
amico_pl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Plus GSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-economist View Post
[...] Personally i don't consider the 9700 to be an upgrade [...]
[...] On a yet even another personal opinion i don't believe the Bold was ever a finished product. [...]
[...] On a final note let's make it yet for another time clear that that's a personal opinion and whoever feels the urge to flame i would advice to save his/her typing for something more constructive. [...]
Well, nobody is perfect

I'm afraid with this level of compression of hardware that they need to squeeze in even smaller devices and at the same time shorter and shorter time to market, we need to get used to half cooked devices. To be replaced by similar half-cooked devices in just 6-12 months.

What's the source of the problem, in my opinion:
1. us consumers, who want to replace our devices so often, especially when a new device shows up (and we immediately show up at our operator)
2. stock market which is similarly impatient to long development cycles and lack of new model introductions

Has is ever change??...I don't think so...

Unless...there is very powerful device, heavily subsidized by operator, that will require paid soft updates to unlock new features (something similar to game consoles)...this is my guess!

P.S. On the other hand I have never ever lost a bit of personal data on my BB (Unlike with Windows Mobile or Windows ) and this is by far the most important to me! So I can leave with BB Bold weaknesses