Old 04-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #89
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: 3 Italy

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcypa
I just had my Bold 9000 replaced because the unit kept rebooting all by itself. I suspect the battery case issue in that if i bumped the unit, picked it up too quick or sent it down roughly it would reboot.

Rogers sent out a refurb as a replacement unit and I just got it started up. The old unit had 860/509 installed and I liked it. I went to install 1004/592 on this refurbed device and I was getting some sort of weird error message from the launcher "The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." or when using desktop manager I was getting "the blackberry device software upgrade includes new features and significant improvements". (yes I removed vender.xml)

I tried a few things, - uninstall everything, re-install same result. Currently upgrading to the Rogers version of 4.6 (518/248) and that did work.

Any ideas?
Upgrade like if you have no BIS/BES. In that way you should be sure to install everything and correctly.

Ps: anyone had my issue posted above about the games not installed and AppWorld not showing???