View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #35
yeria
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post
Memory use was my biggest concern when using 592. I upgraded to .681 as a leaked version a couple of weeks ago and was initially impressed by the big improvement in menory usage. However that has deterioriated over time. Now after a battery pull I am down to 18mb. After the initial install I was 24+ megs. Currently at 2.7mb, three days after a battery pull. On the plus side, I am not getting any warnings about lack of memory, which I got from a 4.6 official release about a year ago. This OS along with 592 lets memory get lower than I ever had before. These OSs must handle memory differently than earlier OSs and not hand off memory until absolutely needed.
After being initially elated about better memory use with .681, it would appear that .681 is no better than .592.
Hmm...That's strange...I just checked my phone again and I have 9.8MB left..and I still haven't pulled my battery out yet.

Another thing I found is that this OS has the ability to LOCK!!
I pressed K and it locks all the buttons and dims the screen right away. To unlock, you'll have to press the mute button. I'm liking this much more than previous K to lock and A + Call button to unlock!
Offline   Reply With Quote