View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
doni
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up

First of all, I meant no offense, I was honestly perplexed as to the utility of this product. When it was announced, I'd assumed it would magically be able to know the correct application state, unlike the RIM tool. When I discovered it obviously had to read the same tables from the same database(s) and therefore couldn't magically work around RIM's poor coding, I really couldn't imagine for what someone would use this. A pretty tool with the wrong info is no more use than a CLI->CSV tool with the wrong info. Hence the question rather than statement.

However, while all my BBs with the initial 1.5 or 1.5-upgraded-to-2.2 patch show incorrect application states, I've now found that all BBs since with only a fresh 2.2 push DO appear correct in both the RIM tool and BoxTone! Whoo-hoo! Knowing the info is correct, I now appreciate the lovely Boxtone GUI over the RIM tool and understand how it would be applicable. Certainly a pretty tool with correct info is much better than a CLI->CSV tool.

So I'd like to apologize if I unintentionally offended anyone at BoxTone and would like to thank those hard-working folks for all their time and effort to bring the community this excellent -- and yes, USEFUL -- tool. If I had a larger BB installation, I'm sure I would appreciate it even more and even take the time to evaluate BoxTone's other products (which I'm sure is the whole idea, notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat).

Anyhow, thank you Boxtone!