Old 11-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
ahpitre
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalpern View Post
If the icon is gone, close BB Desktop Manager, and go to c:/Documents and Settings\all users\application data\research in motion\blackberry to find a file, “ip_modem_configuration.xml”.

Edit it, find your carrier, and set the “enabled” from “false” to “true.”

Then launch Desktop Manager again and it should be there.

Remember, appluication data is a hidden folder, so make sure you can see hidden folders.

Cheers.

Paul
Ocassionally, BB Desktop Manager will reset the value to False, in the ip_modem_configuration.xml. This is happening because the wireless provider has disabled this option, so BB DM disables it. So once in a while, the ip_modem_configuration.xml file will need to be changed. I created a copy with the correct changes, then created a batch file that copies the modified file and replaces the original one. Then just, close re-open DM, and it works OK. Those wireless providers want to charge for everything, that is why the do it.

PS : On Windows 7, this file is locked, even with administrator privieleges I cannot modify this file, and many other system files. I need to find out how to work this in Windows 7. At least for Windows XP, with Administrator privileges it works OK.
Offline   Reply With Quote