View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
simulator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Totally agree with this. Mine has a squeaky rail on the left side like the bad old 8310s... I know better by now to get too crazy about it though, bc if I take it back the next one will have some other minor defect. Its the way of the world with RIM, unfortunately... The 8900 was the best yet, and I had to put tape under the battery door to stop the rattles.

Having said that, I'm happy with the device overall. 3g is great, the keyboard is great, and I like 5.0.

If iphones multitasked, I'd be in. It's the only device that has the kind of build quality I want in a device. They were onto something with the lack of battery doors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Sorry Blackberry buddies! I have to say it's simply just ok, nothing insane as far as build quality goes. I have had 2 so far, and both had developed creaks and shifts in the body of the phone. The chrome sides on both started to get squeaky, and had movement after only just 2 days. Listen these are mass produced, so flaws are part of the game. However, I feel RIM could have done better. I like my phone to have no movement at all, like my iPhone, or better yet my Original Bold. The 9700 is similar in build to the original 8800. Chrome sides will get loose, and stay loose.

I'm being honest when I say this device is ok! No huge leaps and bounds here. I prefer my 8900 to the 9700. If RIM wants to understand build quality, hire someone from Nokia, my N95 feels like I just took it out of the box, and it's a few years old. So to answer your question, your taking a 50/50 chance when buying one. It'll either feel great, or be a rattle box. Sorry when I spend my money, i'd like to feel I'm getting 100% what I'm paying for.

This is only my 2 cents, I still think RIM has a good pruduct. I just think like everyother company in the world, u have to evolve and bring better stuff and MATERIAL to the table!
Offline   Reply With Quote