View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #17
TotalDistinction
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I did some experimentation. If you are in Wi-fi browsing mode, it works. If you are on 3G, an option kicks in that may prevent Youtube from working. Under Browser Options, select "General Properties". An option called: "Switching to WAP for streaming media" may be on. Un-check it and try. This works for all browser modes.

Side note that may save you some grief: You can't change the browser mode (ie. Hotspot Browser to Internet Browser) in the Browser Configuration menu within the browser application. If you switch between the browser types, you can adjust the settings for each but that's it. Your default browser is still the default browser. You have to change the default browser in the main Options application (the wrench) under Advanced Options, Browser.

Hope this helps,
Santo
Santo, thank you very much for this advice. I'm not rockin' and rollin' with my youtube videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyBoy View Post
I am absolutely loving this phone and the last hurdle to make evrything rosy is to get youtube to work. I am a UK Orange user and when I try to access the site on wifi I get a green 'loading' logo in the top right...and then nothing happens.

Santos, your cracking advice above about unticking the option I reckon will do the trick...but I think I'm being imcredibly dumb. I can't find 'browser options' on my device.

I've got options-advanced options-browser completely down and know when I'm wifi and when I'm not but if you could help out a noob looking for perfection, you'd be more help than the orange tech team in the uk (whom I had to explain to this morning what streaming is as opposed to downloading...and I thought that I was technically incompetent!)

BTW - hello all, first post here. Love the forum and for you in any doubt, not only is the Bold an iphone killer, it's also got the smartphones running for cover. (I also use a tytn II)
RonnyBoy,

Open your Browser. Click on the Menu button and select Options. Click on General Properties. Scroll down to "Switching to WAP for streaming media". Make sure that the checkbox is left UNCHECKED. Click on your escape button and save the configuration.

Credit goes to Santo for this. Just trying to play a role in this great community.

Last edited by TotalDistinction; 08-24-2008 at 03:54 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote