View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
Runamuck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

On my first 8320, the USB port died. Tmo replaced it with a refurb (likely, can never tell) 8320 and it almost immediately showed signs of random reboots, almost always when I was on a call. Although at least once or twice I watched the thing reboot while it just sat on my desk next to me.

It's 100% stock, no additional software/themes added. I couldn't figure out the problem and checked here often.

What I did was pulled my memory chip I had stuck in there...a 2G one. My problems IMMEDIATELY stopped. I bought another one and stuck it in clean....no more reboots. I slowly added the files from my original chip to the new one (mostly family pics and MP3's, a couple of episodes of Weeds I hadn't watched yet as well) and still....no more reboots. Just for giggles, I pulled the new chip out, put in the old one again and BOOM.....resets started almost immediately.

Not sure what the deal is....same memory card brand/size. Just one screws the pooch, the other doesn't.

I bought an extra battery and swapped that out...didn't do squat. My memory card was the culprit.
Offline   Reply With Quote