View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
y.bb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: More bars in Less places

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
This is how cell phones work. When you initially turn on a cell phone it will actively find a signal. Once it has found the signal, if it loses the signal it will sit and wait until the signal finds it. If you are on a call then again the phone is actively connected. As soon as you hang up it goes back to being a slave to the signal. There is no way to change this. Try doing this; go down to the basement or whereever the signal is lost and do a hard reset by pulling the battery out. When the Pearl comes back up, I'll bet it will find a signal and then after a couple of minutes it will lose the signal again.

It's just the way cell phones work.
Are there any programs out there or scripts that may be able to do a constant pinging to some server somewhere to keep the phone maintaining a connection? Or maybe some setting in the phone that will have the BB constantly ping the mail server or something like that?

I just want the phone to maintain a constant connection, and I have unlimited data, so it wouldn't matter if it kept pinging somewhere to a server.