Old 12-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
skeevecr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejie View Post
I would think that the Tour would have a May 2010 launch at the earliest. It's bad publicity to replace the Tour so quickly. Think of how important and poorly received the Storm was, and they still waited a full year to come out with the Storm2. I'm a happy Tour owner, but would really love to see the Tour 2 tomorrow, because it will probably mean a OS 5 release for us unlucky Tour 4.7.1 users. We haven't even seen a beta leak in a few months.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were a bit quicker with tour 2 because releasing it will eliminate the slight confusion that there currently is for customers where you have wifi and the new trackpad on the entry-level blackberry, but not on the premium product.

Also, with tour 2 being a new product its pretty unlikely that the approval process for it would result in 5.0 arriving sooner on the tour, there would obviously be some overlap in development between all the cdma devices, but storm, tour etc. are getting a maintenance release and that would most likely be tested separately from a new hardware release.
Offline   Reply With Quote