View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Default Re: Playbook Education

In BackBerry World on the PlayBook, search for Print. The first app in the list (that I see) is simply named Print, the developer is David Bigham. This is the one I installed. You have to install a small utiity on your PC to work with it. The second one is named Print My Files by Runisoft and it appears to work similarly. I've only used Print for documents, I haven't tried to print pictures or anything else.

You can set up POP3 email by going to Accounts in Settings. Follow the instructions. Then your email will be delivered into Messages on the PlayBook and you can send emails from there as well.

POP email does not "sync" fully on the PlayBook as you cannot see all the folders, etc. like you have in Outlook on a PC. Be aware that even if you set the PB to leave mail on the server, when you delete it on the PB, it will be deleted on the server. That's a known bug that has not been fixed yet.

Have you browsed apps in BlackBerry World on the PlayBook? There are a lot of very useful ones that enhance its functionality. I use Print To Go a lot for "printing" documents, even web pages that I want to save, from my PC to the PlayBook when going on the road. Saves a lot of paper.

Last edited by daphne; 03-10-2013 at 08:36 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote