View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9790
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default What Color is Your Trackball?

Please Login to Remove!

If you've been using it for a few weeks I'm willing to bet its brown or black with dirt.

I just bought mine (T-Mo's Titanium) and realized after putting it side by side to my co-worker's Curve (At&T) that her trackball was really dirty and brown/black after a mere month of using it. She is a neat freak, very clean and works in an office so I was concerned whether this fate awaited my $300device in a few weeks.

I did an extensive 'Search' and found that people over in the Pearl and 8800 forums have this problem and no one has yet found a solution on cleaning the ball. They've tried everything from Air-In-A-Can, Rubbing Alcohol on a Q-Tip, Hydro-Peroxide, Acetone-Nail Polish Remover, etc and nothing works. The final solution was just buying a new trackball every few weeks or so. The consensus was the Trackball WILL eventually get dirty regardless of trying to keep it clean.

I realized the Curve forum doesnt have a thread like this yet but if you guys have any solutions on this, please posts tips here.
Thanks.

here you can see the dirty trackball on a Curve after a few weeks of use.

Whiles here on the newer Curves you see the trackballs are still pearly white.

Last edited by delmarco; 11-24-2007 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: added pictures
Offline   Reply With Quote