View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
voukos

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02
Default Carphone Warehouse - 6 weeek old Blackberry - fault not covered under warranty

Please Login to Remove!

Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and/or can advise what to do next.

Whilst unplugging the BB from the charger, the charging/USB port came out too. Also the M button has stopped clicking. This is allegedly a new BB that was supplied on 25.11.11, following problems with a pevious one.
Having visisted their store and contacted their "customer" services, i was told that the detachment of the charging port will not be covered under the warranty as it is classified as accidental damage. In addition, they wont even consider the M button issue, even though that is covered under the warranty

I don't see how that can be as I only did what I have been doing for years.
i said. I just unplugged the phone from the charger.

Due to weakened soldering/gluing, the port came out with it.
How is that accidental damage? I asked.

I am now in dispute with them and warned them that unless this is sorted out free of charge, within 7 days, I shall be seeking compensation for the quoted £169 repair and loss of use through the small claims court.
I have mentioned "not fit for purpose", "unsatisfactory quality!, "sale of goods act" but to no avail.
Offline   Reply With Quote