Thread: Building Trades
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
fmaglin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: TMO

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaglin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hi all,
I would be interested to know if there are any building trades people out there that use Blackberries?

I am a manufacturers rep and my customer base is largely made up of subcontractors in the trades. Have not seen alot of BBs around, mainly push to talk phones. The guys in the office are e-mail based, they guys in the field use phones. That will probably change but that is the way it is for most of my customers.

What is you perspective?
All I know is that most likely not many trades people are aware of the benefits they could reap by deploying a BB. I have a door and millwork shop and everyday I seem to find myself using the device more and more, not to mention The ability to utilize PIM, and also being able to download Google Local for finding directions to visit New clients.