View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
JustinKent

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
Not possible as of yet, but really, it's only a single button push, it's not that inconvenient.
When you say 'not possible as of yet', do you mean there is not a solution currently, or do you mean it is not possible on the existing hardware and OS?

It's one additional button push, which multiplied times 20 calls a day, gets pretty inconvenient, especially fumbling for another button while driving. The argument is like saying 'why use a blackberry when you can just check your email from an internet cafe? It's not that inconvenient.' True, but the reason I'm using a blackberry is because it fits my lifestyle preferences better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobate
This is for PTT calls only, which most people want to default to voice. Sorta a different beast.
OK, I see that a push to talk call is slightly different than a regular voice call. When you say it's a different beast, are you saying that it's technically different, or philisophically? The fact that this feature is available at all makes me think it potentially could be made available for calls across the board.

Any hard core blackberry hackers want to investigate? I suspect there is money to be made on this feature via donationware.