View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options
Carrier: Verizon

Ok...I *think* the problem is fixed. Here's the story...

I called Alltel one last time today, in hopes of reaching the data tech that has been trying to help me. I got connected to someone else, and his only idea was to push the PRL update to my phone again. I told him "no dude, it's not going to work, we've tried that...the update doesn't install. Same for *228, just keeps resending the 30039." And he goes "when a rep puts in a prl-push request, it's not handled by a person...our system handles the request and automatically sends you the PRL. By default our system sends the 30039 PRL, so what I have to do is put in a special request for it to send the 40048 PRL. Call back tomorrow and let us know what happens". I'm pissed at this point, thinking that was just another waste of my time like the last 50 prl-push attempts.

Well anyways, I made sure that my PRL was indeed at 30039, it was. Several hours later, about 15 minutes ago, I am sitting here at my desk about ready to tether my phone and get online. First thing I notice is "1XEV" on the screen, I say "you dirty little 8130, don't tease me with your broken promises of broadband reception." It replied with "1XEV" still on the screen. So I tether it via bluetooth, fully knowing it will kick back to 1X once I connect...wrong. Stayed on 1XEV, still on 1XEV. I checked #4357*...wow, is that PRL 40048? Yes, it is.

The end. :clapping: :buddies:
Offline   Reply With Quote