View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharary
Oh yeah... one more thing, I hate to be one of those that are too careful but this is hard earned money we're talking about so... through experience, I have learned never to buy from anywhere outside the USA or Canada with regard to phones. And while selling a phone, never send it to somebody who claims they live in the Netherlands but their daughter goes to school in Saudi Arabia and they want to buy the phone as a birthday present.
Yep, I got one like that too. Only with mine, she was working in some
American Embassy in Africa who needed the phone for her son's birthday and would be sending money through BidPay. Asked for my email and my address to send money to. Offered twice as much as my BUY NOW price. But hey, how tempting the money offer.. transactions done outside eBay, just doesn't work for me. I got scammed just this year in the amount of $3,849.00. It was bad!!! (plus a few days after that incident, bumped my car and cost me $1,500 to fix it.) But you know, peace of mind is much better than any better deal you could find. It didn't stop me from selling and buying at ebay though. Life is a risk, just needed to keep a watch and learn from past experience.