View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the 7100t; what have discovered are not really issues - in my vocabulary issues can become problems. You are struggling with the way the 7100 code is designed. Many of these have been discussed over and over, and I will comment on a few of them.

1) There is a feature in the Messages Options to Hide Files Messages. That resolved #1. Once you move a message in Outlook, it will disappear from the BB.

2) There is no Inbox. No BlackBerry has an Inbox. It is called the Messages folder. All messages are stored there. SMS, missed phone calls, and yes, sent items. I don't have my 7100 handy, but on the 7290 you can create a shortcut to show only the outgoing messages (sent items, outgoing calls) and do a delete prior. Instant cleanup. Not much of a hassle.

3) No, there is no easy way to hide the sent items. If you can do a Delete Prior on them, then they will disappear from the BB and not from Outlook.

4) Using the native 7100 menu structure, there is not a lot of customization you can do. You can not move items from a sub menu to the main menu. There are many, many threads about "themes" - check out the sticky thread - and you may find a theme that works better for how you want to use your BB. I did not like the T-Mobile theme at all (I had a 7100t) so I switched to the 7700 Small Icons theme, which lets me set up the order any way I want to.

5) OK. That's a good idea. I do like it the way it is, but perhaps that is a feature for the future.

6) Same with 5). I don't personally want a default phone number. It will remember the last one you called for that person. That's good enough for me.

7) Yep. That's why I switched to the 7700 Small Icons theme. I can have it my way.

Enjoy your BB