View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #12
phrozted

Model: 8703e

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Uh, yeah. Your BIS has to poll your IMAP account and it only does that every 15 minutes. If you forwarded your messages from IMAP to your vzw.blackberry.net address, it would be instantaneous. Or if you setup a Gmail or Yahoo account directly in BIS. Otherwise, BIS has to poll and there is a delay.

From the way you're now describing it, everything is working as designed.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. If the BIS has to pull email from my IMAP account, clearly it isn't push.

What's more, I have a vzw.blackberry.net address, but it isn't even receiving instantaneously, apparently. Just found that out a second ago. I pulled up yahoo mail on my computer and e-mailed my vzw.blackberry.net account. Nothing has shown up on my Blackberry ten minutes later.

Meanwhile, another problem: I went to the Email Settings icon on my Blackberry in order to mess around with settings and to add a new email account--guess what happened? The browser loaded for what seemed like an eternity, and finally the following error came on screen: "A communication failure occurred with the selected provisioning server. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider."

This is beyond ridiculous.

Is something going on with Blackberry?