btaylor1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Q10
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: can't find screen shot

RESPONSES IN ALL CAPS BELOW. THX AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
There appears to be no way to delete the image file from the device from the search results screen. However, if you are seeing screen shot images in the search results that you couldn't find before, that's good, screen shot is working.

There are only so many places those screen shot files can be. My Z10 saves them to the camera folder (which seems to be the default location). I guess you said you looked there? YES I DID, NOTHING... (You also said you don't have a media card?) I MAY HAVE NEGLECTED TO ANSWER THIS, BUT OUR HELP DESK LOOKED AND CONFIRMED I HAVE A SIM CARD, BUT NO MEDIA CARD. YOU PREVIOUSLY SUGGESTED TOGGLING OFF SOME CHOICE ABOUT MEDIA CARD, BUT I COULDN'T; IT WAS GRAYED OUT, PERHAPS BECAUSE I HAVE NO MEDIA CARD? There is also a photos folder, and a download folder, which to me seem like the most likely alternate locations. THE "PHOTOS" FOLDE" APPEARS ONLY UNDER "FILE MANAGER"; I LOOKED INSIDE AND "PHOTOS" CONTAINS ZERO ITEMS. "DOWNLOADS" ALSO APPEAR UNDER "FILE MANAGER" I LOOKED IN THERE AND "DOWNLOADS" ALSO CONTAINS ZERO ITEMS. Did you look in those? YES, TO NO AVAIL.

I was hoping one could press and hold the image in search and then select properties and find the location, but alas properties isn't there. But still, you have confirmed the files are there, so you can eventually find them if you manually search using the file manager app on the device. I'VE SEARCHED EVERY FOLDER OR SUBFOLDER UNDER "FILE MANAGER" AND CANNOT FIND. And if you have a media card, look there as well. DO NOT HAVE A MEDIA CARD, PER ABOVE. Once you find them with the file manager app you will be able to delete them.

Finally, if you are finding some screen shots you took but not others, restart the device and look again. HAVE NOT GOTTEN TO THIS LEVEL OF DISTINCTION. I EXPECT THE FIVE (5) I FOUND CORRESPOND TO THE TOTAL NUMBER I SNAPPED. Also, alternatively to searching on the device, you could use the computer with mass storage mode enabled on the device. At least I think you would need to enable mass storage mode, but maybe not. THANK YOU SO MUCH BUT I'M IGNORANT HOW TO DO THIS AND I MAY BE OUT OF LUCK. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE TIME AND YOUR THOUGHTFUL SUGGESTIONS. I'M SORRY I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH EFFECTIVELY TO IMPLEMENT!
PS, I HAVE REBOOTED THE DEVICE MULTIPLE TIMES, BUT FOR GRINS JUST NOW DID AGAIN. POST REBOOT, THE SCREEN SHOTS FINDABLE BY SEARCH APPEAR IN NONE OF THE SUGGESTED FOLDERS OR SUBFOLDERS. ARGH/SIGH/THX AGAIN

Last edited by btaylor1; 08-10-2013 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: ADDING "PS" AT THE END
Offline   Reply With Quote