View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: can't find screen shot

I have mass storage mode disabled. More on that below. When I connect the device to the computer, I see the device memory and media card memory as drives on the computer, which I can access. I have Access to Storage settings set to Autodetect for USB Connection, And On for Access using Wi-Fi. I also have Link on the computer. And as I say, USB Mass Storage Mode is Off. (I don't know what turning on mass storage mode will do given that as it is now I can connect and access folders on the device. I haven't read the manual or experimented.)

If you connect the device to the computer and don't see the device storage memory in the file explorer application on the computer, experiment using the above information and the Storage and Access settings on the device. Find this screen by using the Settings app and selecting Storage and Access.

EDIT: The USB Connection setting allows you to set whether the mode is for windows, mac, or determined automatically by the device.

I'm guessing my Z10 as I have it set is connecting to memory via wifi, and if wifi were off or unavailable I would have to enable mass storage mode to connect to memory via a wired connection.

Last edited by aiharkness; 08-10-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote