View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #636
Burgy77

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BCF52B
Carrier: AT&T
Default Tour 9630

This reply is in regards to a Verizon Tour 9630 (unlocked) going on to a AT&T line with BB data already on it. I am having a few issues.

1. Download the ATT service books here. Unzip the file on your PC and remember where you placed the file on your PC.
- Check
2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.
Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_daemon and move the cod to your new folder.

-Check

3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module. You won't notice any changes until after you see the Application loader screen, don't click any check boxes, just click Next, and then Finish. ONLY after clicking Finish will you see a quick notice that the browser_daemon module is being removed.
Close DM on completion. Allow your Storm to reboot.

- This is where I am running into issues. I am using the BBDM 6 so it has a different screen than the old BBDM. It does not have any way for me to uncheck the browser (unless I misunderstood the process for removing the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module. Does anyone know of a better way to remove that module? Can I use JL_commander? Any help is appreciated.

Feel free to BBM me 22BCF52B.
Offline   Reply With Quote