View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default My PlayBook and Me

Please Login to Remove!

From day one I've had love/hate relationship with the PlayBook. More like a disappointed/hate. Been disappointed from day one. Perhaps comparing it to an iPad and Xoom (that I had for a short time) and then a Kindle Fire and Samsung Galaxy Tab spoiled me.

I knew about the early limitations. Bridging to get e-mail. Limited applications. No Kindle Book reader. I knew them.

But 2.0 was going to be great (I was told last summer). And when I met with RIM I was told how great it was going to be.

I didn't follow up on the 1,000 rumors on what was in and out of 2.0. I didn't root, or sideload or do anything. I didn't DingleBerry.

It just kind of sat inside a desk. I updated it when new versions of the OS came out.

And yesterday it came out. And I get ActiveSync for Corporate Exchange. Losing all the benefits of BES. I guess that's better than the Fire, which doesn't support Exchange out of the box (use Touchdown), but definitely not what I had expected (remember, I didn't read the rumor boards).

Maybe my expectations (last year) were too high. Maybe RIM has a great device that I just don't get. Or maybe there is a reason RIM is doing so poorly in the tablet marketplace....

No flames please. Just had to vent. It goes back under the desk.
Offline   Reply With Quote