View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #40
motoprof

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default funkym

Funkym wrote

"I guess it is a Verizon issue that the GPS is not enabled for 3rd party apps. From what I heard from others is: a developer can join the Verizon developer program, pay money ... and then they can get access to GPS on Verizon BB devices."

I have been doing some searching online on your claim and can find nothing to back it up. In fact check out (trapster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166&start=20]Trapster]Trapster • View topic - Verizon device for Trapster?[/url] • View topic - Verizon device for Trapster?) and you will find the following quote from the developer of trapster. "Yes, the Storm internal GPS is unlocked. We have thousands of users using the VZW Storm with Trapster now. aGPS only helps reduce the delay in getting a fix. A true autonomous GPS fix is more accurate, and that's what is unlocked on the Storm." Add Trapster to my GPS programs that works fine on Verizon. I guess they all paid Verizon?

I also received a survey from them today. Amongst other things, it wanted me to pick a country that I would be interested in having maps for. Since I only travel in the USA, I didn't pick anything. It wouldn't let me proceed. I ended up picking some country that I don't give a $hit about just to continue. Then I had to do the same for another question.

They cannot even make a survey work correctly.

You seem to know everything about how this program works. Next time you are talking to your friends at Skylab, tell them to come to this forum and LOOK AT THE COMPLAINTS. Use them to build a better product and one that works.
Offline   Reply With Quote