View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #14
wiredwrx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T=Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozted
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If the BIS has to pull email from my IMAP account, clearly it isn't push.

What's more, I have a vzw.blackberry.net address, but it isn't even receiving instantaneously, apparently. Just found that out a second ago. I pulled up yahoo mail on my computer and e-mailed my vzw.blackberry.net account. Nothing has shown up on my Blackberry ten minutes later.

Meanwhile, another problem: I went to the Email Settings icon on my Blackberry in order to mess around with settings and to add a new email account--guess what happened? The browser loaded for what seemed like an eternity, and finally the following error came on screen: "A communication failure occurred with the selected provisioning server. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider."

This is beyond ridiculous.

Is something going on with Blackberry?
Let me try and break it down for you as simply as I can.

BB has the ability to PUSH and to PULL. Other devices have no PUSH.

What determines the PUSH or the PULL for your BB is not RIM or the device, it is the E-Mail account you are using. Gmail and Yahoo have setup the ability to have e-mail PUSHED to Blackberrys. HOWEVER, LittleSmallISP.com does not have that ability. No matter that RIM might want PUSH that e-mail account, it is not possible because LittleSmallISP.com doesn't have the ability.

You IMAP account doesn;t have push. It has nothing to do with your BB or RIM.

Now, there are ways to overcome that such as forwarding, or perhaps, redirector, but it is not standard, and has varying degrees of success.

Michael