View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Spooner

Model: 8700c
Default 8700c - Multiple issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I am a BB newb so please forgive my ignorance. I have a new Cingular 8700c and I follwed detailed instructions to make the Zen Theme available. It worked fine, but afterwords I was having issues with my contacts not syncing with MS Outlook. I unistalled all the software on the PC, reinstalled the desktop manager, downloaded and installed the 4.1.0.194 package from Cingular, ran loader.exe /nojvm from a command prompt and reinstalled the software on the BB. Everything seemed to work fine until I tried to enable my bluetooth. When I go to settings/bluetooth I get an error message saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException." Is this related to the "/no jvm" switch that I used when I ran loader.exe? I also noticed that I when I try to edit profiles I don't have as many options any more. For instance under the "normal" profile, I can edit calendar, messages, and SMS, but no phone option appears as it used to. I also lost brickbreaker. Can anyone help a newb? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.