Old 03-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Silverfuel

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Re: issues activating users after BES service account switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
d) Non-device issues require troubleshooting. Does the BESAdmin account have proper permissions to their mailbox? Can the BES reach their mail database/server? I then try a test EA (often from the RIM tech support site again) and look to see whether the EA message gets to their inbox or gets junked/spammed along the way.

e) It gets harder to specify what I do next from here, as we are getting into the land of strange-little-problems, so we would be here all day. At this point I might try deleting them from the BES and re-adding, LOL
First off, thanks so much for your reply. It has given me a lot ideas.

BESAdmin (we had to switch service accounts and create a new one on Exchange 2010) account has proper permissions to the mailboxes. The problems started after we first switched service accounts. The first few devices we tried to activate had issues. The network at etp email gets to their mailbox and just sits there. In those cases it worked after canceling the activation about 6 times and trying again. Recently, the activation's have worked the way they should. It is very sporadic so I am not sure how to troubleshoot this.

We are currently migrating our user community from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. The bes service account is on Exchange 2010 but most of our users are still on Exchange 2007. RIM has suggested there is a strong possibility that the activation issues have to do with having two versions of Exchange in our environment. I don't know why that would cause an issue but it does cause an issue with the network at etp mail being picked up from the users mailbox and the activation to start. Would you happen to have any experience or suggestions with this scenario?

Thanks again
Offline   Reply With Quote