View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 07:14 AM   #1
Xeno

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Q10 woes with Mac

Please Login to Remove!

My Q10 (service provider Vodafone) used to behave well with my Mac (OS 10.11.2) but I am now overwhelmed by problems which I am at a loss to deal with.

Contacts syncing: With my BB curve, I used to just back up the phone contents on my Mac. No problem. Then I got a Q10. At first, a few months ago, I learned to connect Q10 to the Mac and sync the Mac-proprietary iCal and Contacts with my phone contacts and the Q10 Calendar after connecting it by cable. They seemed to back up OK, but only in one direction (Mac to Q 10 but not Q10 to Mac) and I couldn't find out how to sync in both directions.

BB Link promised the possibility of VPN but that never worked.

Now, however, the Mac won't "recognise" the Q10 at all. Blackberry Link fires up on the Mac when I connect the phone by cable but then claims the Q10 is "disconnected". It isn't. I have tried three different cables, three different USB slots on the Mac Mini with same result. BB LInk suggests resetting to factory settings, but I have far too many contacts on the phone to risk that without back-up. The phone isn't recognised by the Mac in my office (spec above) or my old MacBook Pro at home.

Contacts (Q10) only: for some reason these breed crazily. Some of my contacts are duplicated a good 20 times and I can't fathom why.

I have posted on Macuser forums about these problems but BB owners are clearly seen there as a lower lifeform and neither my nor several earlier queries by others about similar problems have been answered.

If Q10s can't deal with Macs, can't someone just let people know?
Offline   Reply With Quote