View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

jsconyers, my opinion on couple of your questions:

Yes,you might end up "attending" services, for her. But in the long-run, I hope you will find a church and a congregation in which you feel comfortable to worship as you desire. You might start out doing it for her, but I think you will be unfulfilled and seeking more.

You're seeing a denomination steeped in tradition and rules and written prayers, and only certain people can have access to God. I threw all that off a few years ago upon understanding that God loves us all equally, and really all He wants is a relationship with us. So, in my opinion, what you are "seeing" is simple "religion" the mechanics and what man has made religion, and you're getting very little answer the questions you obviously have.

I think you're still seeking. Keep at it.

But I have to say as opposed to one not knowing in the end, rather -- in the end, we will ALL know.

For your relationship? I'll tell you this: One day she is going to look to you for leadership on the matter. It is your place, when you get married, to provide that, and I'm guessing if it is important to her now, it will be then.

Last edited by JSanders; 03-23-2010 at 03:51 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote