View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #53
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

For what it's worth, banks, etc. still do not send official correspondence through email, at least nothing containing sensitive personal information. They do the official stuff via USPS snail mail. The email is marketing and very innocuous notices and alerts, with the most "official" being the purchase acknowledgments and shipping alerts, which still are not sensitive. I personally don't see the need to do more than what is being done now, and as already pointed out, I only have control over my little part of the data path to my machine, and my machine. At least that is the way it is in my case. But as I say, the way the email is works for me.

What I really worry about is the security of information on my machine, and the security of those databases out there that hold sensitive information. Email, not so much.

I appreciate the "what could be" argument. Maybe it will come, things will change, and I'll say, "Wow, this is cool. Why didn't we do this a long time ago?"

But right now I'm not getting all worked up about it. Besides, email is dying, except for us old folks keeping it on life support sending all those inane messages back and forth.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote