Old 07-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Issues with Yahoo wireless contact sync

Please Login to Remove!

I am having trouble with the Yahoo contact sync. I spent some time cleaning up my contact list on my device, then did a one-way sync from both my device to Yahoo and my device to Outlook. So, my contact lists in all three locations should be exactly the same, correct? Then, I activated the Yahoo contact sync option from the e-mail settings on my device. The sync was performed successfully. Then, when I went through my contact list on my device, nearly all of my contacts were duplicated.

My questions:

1. Is the fact that some of my contacts were once linked up through Facebook having anything to do with this duplication? On many of the duplicate entries, one entry will have simply the contact name and number, and then the other will have the same name and number but with some Facebook information also (company name, picture, etc.). I'm pretty sure the contact with the Facebook information originated on my device, and the "plain" contact originated on my Yahoo list. So are these recognized as two different contacts? Even so, I really thought that a cleaned up device contact list and a one-way sync PRIOR TO activating the two-way contacts sync would prevent something like this from happening...if my device and Yahoo lists were the same prior to activation of the two-way sync, why am I getting duplicated entries? Unless Facebook contact info from my phone does not cleanly sync over to Yahoo, thus creating a duplicate contact?

2. If I'm understanding the "two-way sync" feature correctly, if I add/remove/edit a contact on my device, that information will automatically be reflected on my Yahoo contacts list...and if I add/remove/edit on my Yahoo contacts list, that information will automatically be reflected on my device...correct? It does not seem to be working this way for me. I've made changes in both locations, and it doesn't seem to be updating on either end.

3. Is there a way to "Reconcile Now" in regards to the Yahoo contact sync? Or when you make changes, do you have to just keep checking back to see if your changes are truly being reconciled?

4. What can I do to ensure that I'm using these features correctly from this point forward and maintaining a clean contact list?

So far, what seemed to be a convenient feature is actually causing a lot of extra work for me. Am I doing something wrong?
Offline   Reply With Quote