View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...
Carrier: AT&T
Default 9800 screen vs. 9000 screen? oh, and audio.

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, so get this... I still have my 9000. Crazy right? I know I'm not like "everyone else" and I don't have all the latest and greatest that drops every 5 minutes. I actually have to make my purchases count.

So I have my 9000 and while I haven't done it in a while, I have watched movies on it, and i have to say, it is amazing!! Kinda small, but it gets the job done.

I keep hearing about the 9800 screen not being up to par, or no better then the 9700. But I dont have a 9700, so I dont know if there's a difference in the screen quality.

For those of you that have had a chance to "extensively" test it with the 9800, and once had the 9000, how is it? Aside from the obvious, it being a bigger screen in terms of real estate.

Better, just better, way better, blows it away?

I've been anticipating the touch/full qwerty device since a few months after I had my Bold. Mainly because I am so happy with my Bold, that I couldn't imagine anything better, until now.

I was going to get a 9700, but with my contract just expiring, and up for an upgrade, I figured I can go with this.

I used to have a winmo device. went to a BB, and haven't looked elsewhere since. The full qwerty made for a better experience compaired to my last device, and now that I can have the best of both worlds, I want to give a touch screen another chance.

But for me the next this is the screen. I have yet to make my way over to a store to check it out, but i figured i'd ask the "more experienced" as well.

Also, hows the audio quality between the 2? I've heard that qhen the 9700 came along, it was not a great as the 9000. At the same time I haven't heard much of a comparison of the audio quality between the 9800 and the 9700 either.

TIA.