View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #14
Amaara

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

I have tried to connect my new storm on 2 machines now. One is a older machine with an earlier version of DM. The other computer is a brand new install. On both machines, the DM software cannot recognize the Storm. The software runs fine until I try to close the application, and then it hangs and I have to kill it via Task Manager.

The cable is brand news out of the box. it charges the device.

On both machines, every time I plug the device in, the computer goes through the "found new hardware" wizard and tries to install new drivers.

I have gone through RIM's page on trouble-shooting. I have manually installed the drivers. The only thing I can see that is obvious is the fact that the BB is not listed under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager.

I would appreciate any help, because I have spent hours trying to fix this on my own now. My phone is useless if I cannot sync it. I traded in an Android Global 2 for this phone b/c I need my contacts and calendar above all. Now I wish I had just kept my 3 year old Curve with all the hassle...
Offline   Reply With Quote