Old 05-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
ericas8120
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: 238E6027
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Angry 8120 Frustration

Please Login to Remove!

Device: 3 Week Old BlackBerry Pearl 8120 (Purchased at a corporate store May 6, 2008)
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Problem: Since Monday (Memorial Day), around 3:30 PM, I have had spotty coverage at my house. The BB will not remain on UMA/WiFi or EDGE. I have done NUMEROUS soft/hard resets, and diagnostic testing. I wiped the thing Tuesday night in utter frustration. I have even tried THREE different SIM cards in both my 8120 and my 8100 (this one will not remain on EDGE either). Both BB's show GSM.

I am able to IM, email, text, or browse while at home IF I restart the connection several times daily. The only thing I can do WITHOUT resetting the connection is make voice calls. I don't have the HotSpot @ Home UMA service or router because I have an AT&T 2Wire wireless router the 8120 USED to connect to as soon as I enable WiFi.

I have gone out 2 days in a row (yesterday and today) due to doctor's appointments and work outs. Every time I come home, the problems ensue. I emailed T-Mobile and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I plan on calling them (using my parent's' home phone because my 8120 is the only phone I have in my room at the time. My home phone took a dump.) in the morning to find out what is going on. I was told via the T-Mobile online chat that there was a problem in the Houston, TX area where I live.

The last time this happened, T-Mobile actually determined it was the BB I was using at the time (a 7100t 3 years ago). I was able to get that easily replaced.

I am SERIOUSLY considering cancelling my contract when I get my rebate from them when I bought the 8120, going back to AT&T with my parents, and buying the 8110. Other than this one issue, I have only had one other major issue (billing) in 2006. This was solved after a 5 month battle that ended with them crediting my account for the payments they said they lost (my mom paid them for me) while I was in the hospital (after I threatened to leave back then).

Why am I having such a hard time this time around? Any T-Mobile Houston area CSR's that can give me a REAL SOLUTION for my problems? Maybe replace my 8120 if that is the answer I'm not getting??

Frustrated Addict in TX

Last edited by ericas8120; 05-29-2008 at 07:17 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote