Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #42
jpfchicago
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: IP5
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs down Re: Playbook observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetaz View Post
If I may ask....Too much effort to make it work? What does that mean?

Software half-baked. What does that mean?

Can you be a bit more detailed?

I will also say that anyone purchasing a brand new product has to understand there will be bumps in the road. It is kind of sad, but I expected to see issues with both hardware and software and I am pleasantly surprised there hasn't been more issues.

RIM has released something they have never made before using an operating system they have never used before. Truthfully, did you really expect it to be 100% right out of the gate?

This kind of a release is not for everyone and I am actually surprised I jumped in and have stayed with it so far. I have had a few issues that I have worked through and one that probably needs a software update and I will wait.

Usually I am one to lay back and wait for the second or third generation of anything, but not this time. I also bought it as a toy so my business is not reliant on it and it is not mission-critical and if anyone bought it expecting 100% out of the box day one I guess I can understand frustration, but I don't think they were being realistic.
What do I expect for $500.00? A tablet that works without too much effort. A tablet which contains software which has been tested and refined. I am sure that I will come back to the 2d or 3d version of the Playbook as I am a true user of Blackberry devices. By then, RIM will have gotten the bugs out.