Old 04-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #62
KeNNethX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
Well, first off, I'm by no means a BB admin. I think I'm probably the BB admin with a little bit of knowledge and it makes him dangerous. So, everything I did is probably not the 'right' way to do it...lol

I ran the upgrade, all went well...no errors or glitches at all. Rebooted the server and it all looked fine but none of the devices were getting email. so I resent the service books, resent the IT policy...still no email. Did another server reboot, phone reboot. Even went as far as deleting myself as a user and then trying to re-activate through Enterprise Activation. But it wouldn't even do that. The whole time I could send PIN messages and browse the internet, just no email.

So, I uninstalled the BB program on the server, rebooted and re-installed the original 4.1.3 program. Through the install, I noticed some of the fields were still populated. Rebooted and I just heard BB's going off...they all came back and automatically re-synced.

I got very lucky. The only reason I did it was cause I'm running 4.5 and wanted to see if any of the new features showed up. After that scare, I ain't doing nothin' to the server! At least not until 4.5 is public
Well 4.1.5 is working for me now...what did I/RIM do? We don't know...after a couple reboots and/or stopping of services...it would start to process mail and then stop 15-2 minutes later. After a couple hours of this at one point it kept processing stuff and all is fine now ('cept I was up til 2 AM and I'm tired...Mmmm Coffee).
Offline   Reply With Quote