View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Hunter5117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bishop
For EMAIL alone (not contacts/tasks/notes) there is nothing that compares yet in the price range of Chatter+IMAP/IDLE ... Go back to the Treo + Chatter ... I tried the same thing and need the same as you ... even have my own BES and it's just not up to par if you have a good email provider (I must be spoiled by Fastmail's pricing and storage - I looked at those links above and it's 100MB??? I have 2gigs heh).

Nah, Hunter, you're probably gonna be better off stickin' with the Treo650 for now, and if you're GSM just wait for the 700p or whatever ... I'm actually thinking about moving to CDMA and EVDO on Sprint's network to get the 700p there.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this BB 8700g. Everything else about the device is 100% perfect (well maybe 95%, I'm still learning). Right now I am experimenting with having all my sent mail BCC'd to my blackberry.net mail account (hopefully the only mail that gets sent there, everything else comes into its own mailbox). That way I will have a backup copy on the BB should I need to refer to it. Kind of a nasty workaround but we'll see how it works. BTW, although I had already put this in place while I was on the phone with my cell phone supplier about this problem they hooked me into a conversation with their BB company support rep and he suggested the exact same work around. Obviously they are aware of the problem, not saying that they are intending to do something about it though.