View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
kenyon1

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Unhappy Red Light Flashes - Screen Dead?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I usually go for Windows Mobile phones and never had a problem with them. Then I thought I would choose a Blackberry and see what I’m missing out. So I got a brand new 8900 titanium without a contract (I don’t like long contracts).

I loved it - it was great....and I said to myself that I would never go back to a Windows mobile phone.

Then suddenly - I was very upset.

I plugged my blackberry into the usb port on my laptop (windows vista prem). The blackberry software came up, and I synced all my contacts.

Then I thought I would check for a update. I checked - and a update was available (I cant remember what version the upgrade was). I confirmed I wanted the update - and made sure that the phone was fully charged and that the usb cable was plugged in.

The update went fine - until the last bit of it. It came up with a error message on screen. It said something like fatal error!!

I then tried to turn my blackberry back on, and all I got was a red flashing blinking light, and nothing on screen. Even when the battery is in the blackberry, the red light still flashes.

I tried to do the update again, but the phone didn’t recognise it.

I have done a few things to try and sort the problem out. Like reloading the OS. The computer picks up the blackberry to reload the OS, and then looses the connection. I don’t understand what is going on.

A few days after this - I took the phone to the carphone warehouse where I bought the phone. They said that they would send it off to have it fixed. However, 2 weeks later it came back, and they said they couldn’t sort out the problem.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks ever so much.
Offline   Reply With Quote