Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

1) Yes, but what if there are times (most of the time) that I don't want the email pushed. I don't want business emails coming in all night when I don't want to look at them. Is it possible to only turn on push when I want to check email? This is my biggest concern about going to a BB.

2) Are you sure that applies to the Storm? I thought I had read something that the Storm was more consumer oriented, so I was worried the sync to outlook might not be there.
Email = most of the time when you get emails, you have a profile set up to alert you about incoming emails. If you are worried about off hours, just turn off your phone (like at night when you sleep) or simply switch to a different profile (which you can customize) so it doesn't alert you. The emails will be there if you want to check it.

Outlook = no, I'm not absolutely sure. But it wouldn't make sense for a BlackBerry with contact/calendar functions and not be able to sync it to Outlook, which is what most of the population uses for an organizer. Outlook is more consumer oriented than some of the other business alternatives.
Offline   Reply With Quote