View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #164
PDM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Been a little busy recently and have only just managed to upgrade from v0.5.4 to v0.5.11 earlier today (although not had the time to "play" as yet). The product has certainly been moving along at a rapid pace.

Just a couple of thoughts :
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
[...]
a totally different topic - I thought about FTP integration today
[...]
I do not really know, if it's a smart idea to add FTP support in BBFileScout... any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
FTP support would be cool, but I could only imagine it be used by a selected few.

I typically just install an FTP client on an "as needed" basis since I don't FTP very often..

[...]
I totally agree with SteveO86 above. I too install an FTP Client on the rare occasions I need it and think this functionality would only be used by a small minority of the overall BBF users. Hence, perhaps if you did implement it you may want to consider it
i. as an additional "sub-module/library" which could be selected/de-selected upon installation
ii. or perhaps even a "BBFileScout Pro" paid version which could in return also help contribute towards funding.

Decisions.... decisions.... Whatever, you decide I am sure the majority, if not all, of the users will appreciate your efforts.

Time for me to go and see all the new functionality added here.... ;)
Offline   Reply With Quote